Saturday, December 8, 2012

Playing for Keep Review


   Just got back from seeing 'Playing for Keep'. Firstly thought it was good. Though, the story line was your classical romance movie and it worked. However, I didn't really like the cast all that much.
I think for going along with the story line Stacie (Jessica Biel) lived an interesting life with a soccer player George (Gerard Butler). Which goes back to Biel's real life it’s her first movie as a married actress I found it that the role it self was good. However, I didn't really like her acting in this film, being as good looking as she is she's done some good movies this one however I didn't really particularly like for her. In the movie she's trying to find her way, should she get married to the person or not or should she go back with her ex-husband George (Gerard Butler). Which really seems to suite her VARY well I think the acting for her could have been better. However, I did enjoy her role vary much. ALTHOUGH she did a ok job.

Jessica Biel has a boy in the movie Lewis (Noah Lomax) it seem to fit him vary well. He seemed to play his character well, I believe he’ll have a decent carrier. I just think out of all the child actors I’ve seen he has a lot of maturing to do. But again he did a good job, I’d like to see him in more movies to judge how his carrier is doing.
   Going through the cast, we now set our eye site on Gerard Butler (George). Vary nice almost quiet roll for him. I think the story line fit his character but i believe he could have played it better, just as previously stated. He is the soccer player and he seems to want to get his carrier back on track but can’t help but go back to Stacie and Lewis. Which his character’s story line with in this story is vary sweet and at times odd. Reason being its odd because he’s trying to get back with Stacie and all these parents of Lew’s soccer team start hitting on him. Which is actually pretty funny if you think about it. I mean here’s an ex-soccer player who’s played just about ALL over Europe, and is being hit on by all parents who have kids. Now he could have chosen any of those women but he stuck to his agenda in the movie and knew what he wanted. Which is actually makes his roll and pretty decent roll for him and the family he has in the movie.
   Oddly enough, Dennis Quaid has a somewhat minor roll more like a cameo in this film. He plays Carl. Pretty straightforward roll. He’s a guy with lots of money and like to ‘help’ his friends anyway possible. Except when he’s double crossed or he thinks he is. This goes back to the women hitting on Gerard in the film. Quaid in the movie has his wife watched by private detectives Butler gets caught and ends up blowing up into this big thing. But    Quaid plays this roll somewhat casual he seemed to want to play this roll he along with the rest of the rest didn’t put too much heart into it.
   Which playing rolls casual is fine it made it for a good movie chick flick. I’d go see it again. The only thing I wish for is for the actors and actresses playing to put a little bit more heart into their rolls. Other wise the story line it self was nice and sweet as well as the cast. I'd go see this movie again and I HOPE you do to.

No comments:

Post a Comment